Hartmut Wimmer as speaker at the ITB
In a few days’ time, the ITB, the world’s leading trade fair for tourism, will once again take place in Berlin. Outdooractive is not only represented with a booth in the eTravel World (Hall 7.1.c), CEO & founder Hartmut Wimmer will also give a lecture.
The Digital Destination
The aim is to show listeners how urgently digitization must be treated. With over two decades of business experience, Hartmut Wimmer is a pioneer in the digitization of outdoor tourism. In his lecture, he gives practical tips and concrete recommendations for action for destinations and tourism organizations.
The time for action has come. If you don’t want to get lost in the jungle of websites, you have to seize the opportunities of digitization now. DMOs have to redefine their strategies. New technologies such as chatbots, AI & Co. are changing guest usage patterns and market development. Communication with guests is becoming more personal, more individual and, above all, more digital. The service for the guest is moving more and more into the foreground.
Core contents of the lecture
- Own websites are losing their relevance
- These are the chances of digitization in tourism
- This is how a central database can be set up to provide bundled information
- Databases and platforms are becoming increasingly important
- Personalization and individualization are becoming more and more important
- AI is changing communication behavior with guests
- This is how Open Data can be handled correctly
- Build up digital leadership to remain visible
Save the date: Hartmut Wimmer, “The Digital Destination”: 08.03.2019, 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm, eTravel Lab, Hall 7.1.b
Last year, Hartmut Wimmer gave a lecture at the ITB on “The Single Source of Truth: Data as a Basis for Successful Destination Management in the Future”. You can view the presentation from 2018 here.
Would you like to receive further information or intensify discussions? Then make an appointment with us on site via the Virtual Market Place.